When purchasing an ID card printer, it’s important to know what your goals are in terms of your print results. Are you planning to just print on one side of the card, or are you planning to print on both sides? While some printers can only print one-sided, others can print on both sides which makes dual-sided print jobs much easier!
If you’re unsure about whether or not you want to print single or dual-sided, consider the information that you want to be hosted on your ID card. Many company’s function very well with a single-sided ID card template, but if you’re on the fence, here are a few reasons why it might be a good idea to go dual-sided with your design:
- Additional Data about Card Holder – Important information that cannot fit on the front of the card such as contact information, clearance level, date of birth, etc.
- Duplicate Information – Using the same information on both sides of the card allows your information to be visible even if your ID card gets turned around.
- Lost Card Information – Instructions on how to return the card if it becomes lost and/or who to contact.
- Calendar Items – A list of upcoming event dates, holidays, etc.
- Disclaimer – This could include the responsibilities of the card holder/company or property information, etc.
Still have a few questions? No problem! Contact one of our representatives today and they would be delighted to answer your questions and help you make the most informed decision about your ID card printer. Call (866) 610-4308